Friday, January 20, 2017

My Perfect White Chicken Chili

I love a good white chicken chili. Unfortunately, It has been hit and miss with the recipes I have used. Last week after looking at several recipes, I blended a bunch of my favorite aspects of them and created and bombshell recipe of my own!


Throwing stuff together doesn’t always go well for me, so I was thrilled when my whole family ate it! I immediately wrote down the recipe and wanted to share it here with you all!


This is a flavorful and filling soup. I’m a lover of toppings so I put a little of all on top, but feel free to leave out any that you don’t care for.



This would be great to serve for Super Bowl Sunday...even though my Seahawks are out. 😭😭😭



My Perfect White Chicken Chili

2 tbsp butter
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
2 cans white chili beans, UNdrained
1 can chopped green chilies
1 quart of chicken stock
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 small chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups frozen corn

Toppings
Monterey Jack cheese
Avocado
Green onions
Cilantro
Lime wedges
Sour cream/plain greek yogurt

Melt butter in a large pot. Saute onion until soft, then add garlic for another minute. Add beans, chilies, chicken stock, cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Once you have a boil, add raw chicken. Boil for 15 mins, then take out and shred. Add it back to the pot along with frozen corn and simmer for another 15 mins or until ready to eat. Serve with toppings and a side of cornbread or tortilla chips.

I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you try it in the comments or over on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment